Accounting & Finance Associate
Buffy is an NYC-based sustainable soft goods brand committed to making products that help people live comfortably—without making our planet uncomfortable. Since launching our best-selling Cloud Comforter in December 2017, we’ve introduced a full range of bedding in earth-friendly materials that's earned over 30,000 5-star customer reviews! With every new and exciting product in development (there are more than a few!), sustainability is top of mind. We’re proud of how far we’ve come—but we know there's more to do. That’s why we’re looking for talented, comfy-obsessed, planet-loving people to join our team and help us create products that don’t just make people feel good today, but contribute real good for tomorrow.
About the Role:
Buffy is looking for an Accounting & Finance Associate to join our team. Reporting to the Senior Accounting & Finance Manager, this role will support our Accounting & Finance team, working to ensure timely delivery of financial statements, critical FP&A and strategic work, and working alongside key stakeholders to support in building a scalable financial future. This is a great opportunity for those that have an interest in Finance & Accounting, and are looking to learn and grow in a finance role at an E-commerce company.
- Maintain Buffy’s financials in a timely manner and assist in monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close processes
- Handle both the accounts receivable (invoicing) and accounts payable (vendor payments) functions
- Perform bank and general ledger account reconciliations; investigate and resolve reconciling items
- Assist with Inventory Roll-forward
- Work with third-party accountants and consultants to perform necessary daily, weekly, monthly and annual tasks
- Support with larger projects such as financial audits, sales tax remittance, year-end income taxes and diligence requests
- Build and iterate on financial models covering all aspects of Buffy business that will enable effective decision-making regarding our revenue, growth strategy, and cost structure
- Support in cash flow planning & the annual operating budget process, and track & reporting on performance relative to plan on a rolling basis
- Partner closely with key stakeholders across the business to help drive the FP&A function as a proven center of excellence
- Identify and implement process improvements and support in building scalable processes
- Update / modify existing reports and dashboards, as needed
- 2-4 years of experience in accounting and finance in maintaining financials, developing budgets and forecasts and other financial planning responsibilities, preferably in a high growth, inventory based business
- Working knowledge of GAAP accounting and financial principles
- Strong analytical and excel modeling skills; ability to summarize detailed analyses/data
- Extreme attention to detail and passion for continuous improvement
- Excellence in QBO, Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and high capacity to learn new technology tools
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or another relevant field. CPA Preferred.
- Is an avid problem solver, and able to execute on today’s challenges while maintaining a forward-thinking mindset that takes proactive steps to discuss and address with stakeholders
- You constantly question the status quo and believe there is always a way we can continuously improve