Junior Graphic Designer
Buffy is an NYC-based brand making home goods for the home planet! Since launching our best-selling Cloud Comforter in December 2017, we’ve furthered our mission to help people live comfortably (without making our planet uncomfortable) with a full range of bedding that's earned over 16,000 5-star customer reviews! With every new and exciting product in development (there are more than a few!) and beyond, sustainability is top of mind. We’re proud of how far we’ve come—but we know there's more to do. That’s why we’re looking for talented, comfy-obsessed, planet-loving people to join our team and help us create products that don’t just make people feel good today, but contribute real good for tomorrow.
About the Role:
Buffy is looking for an efficient, detail-oriented Junior Graphic Designer to develop and execute an array of on-brand assets for our site, emails, and paid channels. Reporting to the VP of Creative, this role will collaborate with all members of the Creative Team to service Buffy’s marketing and brand activities. Candidates should be able to design within an established brand identity while pushing our direction forward (awareness of current web trends a plus!). Insatiable curiosity, an eye for detail that borders on the obsessive, and a willingness to iterate and experiment with a team of motivated creatives are essential to this role. Most importantly, we’re looking for candidates who are excited to bring the Buffy brand to life!
- Daily responsibilities include designing and delivering all email campaigns, social posts, paid advertising materials, direct mailers, affiliate pieces and press kits within current Buffy brand guidelines
- Develop web-friendly graphic packages and marketing materials consistent with our brand image
- Collaborate with teammates to articulate and execute all design decisions
- Assist in photography selection for new product launches and campaigns where relevant to the success of a given layout or composition
- High energy, positive attitude, and strong sense of ownership around projects; willingness to go above and beyond to meet deadlines and produce visuals of the utmost quality and brand integrity
- Expert knowledge of typography
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects and priorities at once in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; you love a brainstorm or a workshop moment, but you’re also excited to present the finished work!
- Fluency working in Figma, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- BFA in Graphic Design or equivalent experience
- Video editing and animation experience a plus
- Previous experience on an in-house creative team preferred but not required